Creating A Counter
This page helps you create a counter.
Step By Step
To create a counter, you need to do the following things:
- Examine the Policies Page about the fair use of Web-Counters.
- Fill out the following form describing the page to be counted and press the Create Counter button below. Make sure you read the resulting page which is returned.
- Insert somewhere in your web-page (on top, in the middle, or at the bottom) the HTML code which is returned by the creation form. This code is also available from the Usage Page.
- Now go ahead and load your home page on your web browser. Your counter should be visible. If it is not, see our FAQ or Troubleshooting pages.
- If you are using our free counter services, we ask you to credit the Web-Counter somewhere on your home-page by using its name and/or logo and with a HTML link to the following URL. See the Thumbnail Page for instructions.
That is about it. If you do not understand these directions or have no idea what HTML is or how to use it, please see the links to additional information in the FAQ Page.